Tuesday, June 26, 2012

our last beautiful day for awhile...

the ferns are so toasty already, won't be much left after the next heat wave hits...
calling for 102 this Thursday..

but today was another wonderful day with a high of 82...
big sigh...

bricks for the old high school that they are tearing down...
its almost gone now...
being hauled out by truck loads...

Snikky, the neighbor, came home from camping to play with Bebe this morning...
they ran and played so hard...
Bebe had to nap afterward...

still watering and things are still blooming...

one good thing about it being so dry are the bugs are not bothering us too much...
no skeeters around!

the next 10 days will be night visits to the deck...

and the 4th of July is just around the corner...
can you believe it?
won't be long till school is ready to start again...

and just saw this on facebook, and I thought it was a great idea and just wanted to share it with you...
it would work on any bag...
of course it would be just as easy to pour the chocolate chips in the bottle and close the lid...

so have a great night and we are spending the rest of the week inside cleaning house...
kind of let things go while we played outside...
looks like a train wreck in here...
I'll let you know if we survive...

5 comments:

Honey at 2805 said...

So sorry that you have to endure such heat. We are so used to it...106 here today!

I'm back from a long break, and hope to see you at Potpourri Friday!

NanaDiana said...

Oh-I don't envy you that heat- we will be flying through Ohio this next day so I will blow a kiss your way- I'll put some ice in my mouth first so it blows cool air your way! Well, it will be a good time to stay inside and clean with the ac on! xo Diana

Jettie said...

I know that heat, and right now it is about 65, but supposed to go back to about 98 by afternoon.
Stay cool, and stay safe while repairing that train wreck.

Debbie said...

We've been watering twice a day. The containers wilt by the end of the day it's so hot. I won't complain!! It beats the alternative. Summer is way too short for me.
Our house is a mess inside also. I tend to leave things go in here while playing outside on my days off.
Enjoy the ac, Dearie.
xxoo

Julie said...

Same here...same here. only NIGHTS on the porch. Ferns look the same brown tips...the heat hits you in the face when you open the door...argh! BUT my two in NC are hitting 106 this weekend...do NOT envy that. LOL about the "trainwreck" look of inside..I have days like that. AT some point you quit the WANNA-DO projects to tackle the NEED-TO-DO work before a hazardous waste team comes knockin' at the door to evacuate you....but flowers are SO much more fun than dust...Stay cool Tete. {{{{hugs}}}} xoxo