Sunday, January 20, 2013

another drive...

boy, do things sure change quick around here...

there's such a big difference in 24 hours...

back to winter time...

and all the fun it brings...

going to try to look at winter a little bit differently from now on...

which is a huge challenge for me...

for I love being outside...

spent sunflower heads...
isn't there still a beauty in them?
I see it...

maybe through the lens, I can find a peace in the cold...

a warming of the soul...
see, there's green coming on...

I think the earth is ready to come alive again...

and its just as anxious as I am...

winter is a good time for baking...
so maybe its not so bad after all...
butter pecan cake with cream cheese icing...
its really good...

and a special thought for the day...
it really is ok, you know...
for you have been imperfect from the beginning...
you just didn't know it...
this was one of my hardest things, years ago...
and there is a difference for striving for perfection...
and realizing you're not perfect...
setting high goals helps you push further than you normally would...
be realizing where you land...
is an ok place to be...
most of us are not leapers...
we have to bunny hop to the finish line...

enjoy your life, its a gift...
a gift with an expiration date...




3 comments:

Jettie said...

You write so well, and make everything seem so wonderful.
Yes, life has an expiration date, and it's sad when people waste it with hate and unhappiness.

NanaDiana said...

I have a hard time enjoying winter and even looking for beauty I have a hard time with it. You are a wonderful image maker with words, Tete.

I have a hard time being "imperfect"...even though I know we all are- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

You know Tete, I used to dread winter coming after the holidays but now I enjoy it. It's a time to slow down, enjoy the cozy inside, have fun baking something delicious. You don't have to worry about yard work, etc. Ben (my dog) and I take long walks in the woods while it's frozen and see all kinds of interesting things. LOL...You wouldn't catch me in those woods in the warm months. Really enjoyed your post. xo