Thursday, January 24, 2013

our house guest...

first off, this isn't the guest...
this is Riley, my cousin's granddaughter...

here she is with my cousin, Danny...
Danny and I grew up together in Ohio...
and I got the cutest thing in the mail yesterday...
I got a letter from her teacher...
it said to take "Chilly" and have fun with him for a few days...
take photos and write in a letter what we did...
and how far he came...
and mail it all back to the school, so the kids can share where their little "Chillys" went...

so, meet Chilly...
he is a paper snowman from Ohio...
so Craig put on his penguin hat and posed for a photo to send back to the kids...

and then he chilled with Bebe for a bit...
he's sitting here watching me blog right now...

you know me...
they aren't getting a letter from here...
making a little book to send back with him...
Craig and I have been working on a story line and will get more photos of him around town here...
gonna make him a scarf and some mittens...
and I think he needs a smile, too...
his flight home leaves on Monday, so I might be a little busy between now and then making the deadline...
but I will be around...
chillin' with Chilly...
;)

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Cute dog picture it had me laughing for a while!

Jettie said...

I'm betting that Chilly has a wonderful reception when he arrives home. What a cute idea, to make him mittens and a scarf. And that little 'book' will be a hit.

NanaDiana said...

What a cute, cute idea. I love it and that would be fun for any school class to do.
Craigers is such a good lad to do that and he has the most amazing blue eyes..to say nothing of his penguin hat! lol

Have a great day, I am off to the eye doctor- hope they don't poke my eye out with a stick- xo Diana

Beth said...

What fun! Be sure to post more of Chilly's adventures. Craig is a good-looking young man. Love his hat too.

Namaw Kak said...

What a great idea, and you were the right person to send him too. How fun. Hope you post the book online will be fun to see where all he travels.