Sunday, March 2, 2014

it has begun...

there will some of you who think I am crazy...
and say I missed a holiday..
but no, I just extend this one...

I know Paddy's day is next...
but it doesn't involve chocolate...

so I started playing around yesterday afternoon...
my reward for purging more than a full tote from a couple of my kitchen cabinets...

and it felt so good...

its 2am here right now and the freezing rain has begun...

winter storm warning now until Monday...

so here it is as of now...
I will probably tweak more and move things around a bit...
and there is green in there...
green grass, green easter eggs, green leaves in the print...
which finally got hung today...

and there is always an escapee...
who was so eggscited about being out to help...
that she fell asleep with the crab...
they play so hard right up until they crash...

not going anywhere today...
chicken and noodles are on the menu...
made veggie soup yesterday....

DH did his therapy well today and without my help...
;)
but he sure didn't feel good and his cold was getting the better of him...
I had an awesome day...
neither one of us has an infection, snot is clear now...
so we did not do the clinic...
I think a few more days and the cold will have run its course...
have a good day playing inside today...
and get out your flip flops and pretend its spring!

7 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

What a sweet post! I love everything you brought out of your cabinets to play with, such beautiful things! Your photographs are just awesome and I'm thinking Easter is right around the corner!
Have a fun day~
Nancy

Donna said...

Love your Easter vignette, Tete! That birdcage is gorgeous! Kitty looks so sweet curled up snug. Stay warm and safe, don't go out on that ice!!

Donna said...

Love your Easter vignette, Tete! That birdcage is gorgeous! Kitty looks so sweet curled up snug. Stay warm and safe, don't go out on that ice!!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Hey there Hon! Didn't you get the memo? We can decorate, any way we choose to! Our home, our blog, etc. :-)

You want Easter. You have Easter!!!

Oh, oh, look at that sweet Escapeeeee! All pooped out. All of a sudden. Me-thinks we humans could take a lesson from baby kitties... When we need to rest.... REST! Don't push ourselves more.

-sigh- Best of luck with the nasty ice storm. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Stay warm. Keep power.

Hope all the cold bugs leave, sooooon! Enough already!

Gentle hugs,
Tessa~

Susie said...

Tete, I hope the ice isn't there for long. I sure am scared of it. We have 6 inches of snow, more to come. I love the bunnies. What are you doing up at 2 a.m. ?? If we were neighbor's we could sit and talk. LOL. Sweet photo of the cat. Take care, xoxo,Susie
p.s. I know why the hubby did his own PT. :):)

Jettie said...

Blew out my flip flop, stepped on a poptop, cut my heal, had to hurry on home. there's booze in the blender............................

May not be accurate, but you get the picture. I love the kitty sleeping so hard, and he'll soon chase the easter bunny.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I love your Easter decorations and especially the Easter bunny-who looks quite vintagey. As for me, I still have some St. Patty's Day decorations-because I am 100% Irish; as for Easter decorations-we will be in the islands so all of my pretties are packed and ready for the new house.
Glad you are feeling better; stay in and stay warm!
Hugs,
Noreen