Friday, April 25, 2014

put the peddle to the metal...

and sew!
I need to really clean my sewing machine...
and the break away arm is stored somewhere, since I never have it on the machine...
bought this machine 13 years ago for $20...
I think I got my money's worth out of it...
and no, its not a Viking...
I don't think I would like a machine that was smarter than me...

here are two of the pillows stuffed...
Craig is the stuffer guy...
I have two more of these to stuff...

and yesterday I worked on pillow cases...
for the pillow I cut in two...

and they came out pretty cute...

added lace and ribbon to the open ends last night...

and here are four that need stuffed and finished...
I will post more photos when I get them done and on the deck...
it was a pretty good alone day...
Lester watched me sew...
but he kept his paws out of things...
and no stitched tails...

update and Gabby...
the little girl who just beat the brain tumor is 6...
and she named her Lilly...
and Lilly wears princess clothes...
and her little girl carries her with her every where she goes...
and they are getting along wonderfully...
and Lilly is so loved...
;)
many, many hours will be spent together...
just imagine the adventures and the bond...
all is good for all our kitties...
in their furrever homes...

have a good day...
;)


7 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, Love your pillows...you sure tackled that job. The story of Gabby/Lilly is a sweet one. Bless the little girl's heart. xoxo,Susie

Nancy's Notes said...

Tete, love your pillow, they are just beautiful! Aww, thanks for the update.

Beth said...

Your pillows and pillow cases are feminine and lovely! I didn't know that sewing was on your list of talents - great job, Tete! Have a happy day and wknd!
Hugs, Beth

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

gracious but your pillows are great! floral and bright and cheerful and soft and so pretty. everything. you did good, my dear! :-)

such sweet news, about the little girl and her/your kittie. such good news! thank you for sharing it with us.

tessa~

Jettie said...

Pillows are so neat, I need to make a couple for us in the living room. Also need to take these silly looking curtains down and make something that matches our taste a bit more.
So happy for Lilly, it is wonderful when they find a loving home, and I know she and Gabby will have many wonderful adventures in the coming years.

Ruth Ann said...

Tete - I love your pillows. I have a sewing machine that my mom bought when I was four. Umm - I think that makes it an antique - though it does run on electricity. I should get it serviced (if I can find anyplace that could) and make pillows. Yours are so cute.

NanaDiana said...

Your pillows are gorgeous, Tete. I love your fabric choices and you are a good seamstress I can tell.

Glad your "Gabby" is a princess now and that she is making another little Princess happy! God works in wonderful ways, doesn't he? xo Diana