Monday, February 9, 2015

playtime...

I have been working on these off and on the past several days...

cover and inside...
using the vintage images that I found online...

I just googled vintage valentine postcard images...

there are plenty more out there if you don't like these...

I had those 3 done and decided to do another...

and there it is...
I am going to do one more, but they are so fast to do...
I am going to wait until tonight, when the guys are watching the boob tube to hide in my room...

I also decorate the gift bags with my cards...
just glue the envelope face side down...
you can decorate it up, too...
and just tuck the card inside so it shows...
its really super easy to do...
and when you get a gift like this, the card is so easy to pull out and read and then tuck it back in while you look inside the bag!
I think I will print out some Happy Valentine's Day banners to glue across the center of the envelopes...

and here is a very simple DIY project!
no paint, no glue, no glitter!
these are those wood/? letters that they have in the craft section at Walmart...
today's project is brought to you by the letter 'T'...
for Tete...
I covered it with washi tape...
also found in the craft section at Walmart...
its in the scrapbooking area...
turned my mouse pad upside down for a surface to trim it on...
(because I was too lazy to go get a piece of card board)
I used a small box cutter...
then I just took a sharpie and colored the sides...
I was trying to come up with a fun thing to do that anyone could handle...
I could have painted it easily, but understand some just don't do paint...
so there you go...
it would be fun to do with kids as long as you do the trimming..
you can also print out images and just glue them on the whole thing...
then cut them out...
so, there are some ideas for you to use...
have fun!

7 comments:

Penny (A Penny For Your Thoughts) said...

What an easy, beautiful way to decorate the letter. I love it!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

That's awesome that you've had some playtime! Your creations are gorgeous!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Love your crafting projects, especially the letter project! Thanks for your prayers for my mom!!!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

and all the fun, was worth the wait!!!!!!!

Susie said...

Tete, I want to tell you I love the canister from yesterday's post. Good find. I wish you and I were neighbors , we could craft together and have coffee and talk. I have always enjoyed your blog. You are very good at making those cards. Blessings for some fun in the sun. Today is so pretty but plenty cold. xoxo,Susie

Unknown said...

Love all that you do!! So much talent you have...:) Have a great weekend Tete!!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tete, love your letter T and your gorgeous cards are so pretty. You are so talented and made great use of your playtime.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a nice evening.
Hugs, CM