Monday, June 26, 2017

my small town...

I cannot imagine living in a big city...

not after spending my entire life living in small towns and cities...

I moved here when I was 21...

so the majority of my life has been here with my family...

the ups outweigh the downs...

but we sure could use a burger king...

and a small version of Walmart would be nice...

and a nice goodwill or second hand store...

then I would never have to leave town for anything!

everything else can be got online and shipped to me!

we are gearing up for a major 4th weekend here...
complete with street dancing and fireworks...
there will be chicken bingo and an ugly dog contest!
kiddie tractor pull, dunk tank and bingo at the fire station!
and an awesome car show with a DJ...
there is so much more and all next week I will post about it...
so don't forget to stop by and see what country bumpkins do for fun!
:)


2 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, I love my small town too. There's nothing wrong with them. We do have a second hand store in town. Hope you can get a burger king close by. Love the pots of flowers. I absolutely love visiting a big city, but small towns are friendly and safer(mostly). I hope you are loving your weather...it's great here. Blessings xoxo, Susie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tete,
Well just look at your beautiful photos. Always an inspiration my friend.
Yes, it's a blessing to live in a small town and I hope at some point they will add those places your enjoy to visit. Our town did that here. When we first moved here 22 years ago, we had one little party style store and a Kroger near by. Now we have all those places you are hoping for and I love it. Never have to leave town for much and that is great.
Enjoy the 4th of July, Sounds like your town has lots of fun plans.
Enjoy this last week of June. Can you believe how fast the season is flying by?
Blessings always. xo