Thursday, September 14, 2017

fall cleaning at a snail's pace...

the corn behind us is still very green...
planted so late...

my get up and go...

got up and went...

Craig had Sunday and Monday off...
we finished the house scrubbing and he got some watering done...
did I mention we are dry as a bone here?

debating on pulling the annuals this weekend and being ahead of the game for once this year...
we still have other bloomers still showing us some pretty colors...

I really would like to work this one piece of ground before I have to wear long johns to do it...

but I am so going to miss these when I do...
we usually wait until the frost tags them...
but that isn't coming anytime soon...
we have been in the upper 40s at night at times...

this is the only thing out...
I swear!
only because it is stored on the deck in the corner behind something...
it weighs a ton!
made out of concrete!
you just buy one of those plastic kids trick or treat pumpkins and fill it with concrete...
then cut the plastic bucket off and there you go...
paint that thing and you are good ...
they used a railroad spike in this one for the stem, but you can use anything you want...
even sticks!

about that fall cleaning title...
its a basic lack of motivation...
in other words...
lazzzzzzy!

I am not like this very often, but when it hits...
it packs a wallop!
no man's land...
you know...
that tiny bit of time between summer and fall...
you know what's coming...
and you have been blessed with a little extra time to get things done...
but...
and that's a big but- not to be confused with my big butt....
you just keep shoving it off to another day...
when its raining...
when its not raining...
when its cloudy...
when its sunny...
when I can't find something else to do...
when the guys are home...
when the guys aren't home...
I could go on forever!
I have at least a million of them...
:)
and you know me...
I have too much crap again...
time to declutter...
and that means top to bottom cleaning...
not like the guys clean...
but like a mom cleans...
if I wait a couple more weeks...
I am good to go with the basic cleaning until Thanksgiving...
and if I threaten the men here enough, I might even squeak through the holidays...
:)
there is a plan working here...
besides, I seem to purge better when there is T minus 3 days to go...
:)
have a great weekend...
going to work these guys even if I have to sit on the couch while they do something! 



3 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, I like to enjoy the flowers as long as possible....but then like you I would love to get ahead of cleaning out the beds , pots, and containers. I have every excuse under the sun any more. I used to be prompt at getting things done and doing a good job...now I do not know if it's my age or just lack of caring at times. But I just don't clean as often or through as I used too...then it comes time for really getting in there.....cause I hate dirt and clutter.. LOL...we just can't win at times. I hope you get your second wind girl. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

I hate to pull stuff out when it is still blooming, too, Tete...even though I like to get a head start on Fall. It seems like summer rushed by me this week. I have those lazy days, too, but there is so much to be done lately that I haven't had the opportunity to just SIT. Have fun bossing 'the boys' around. lol xo Diana

ps. GREAT idea about the concrete pumpkins!!!!

Ida said...

The flowers are still looking really pretty. - Loving that concrete pumpkin.