Thursday, October 12, 2017

the diagnoses is trigger thumb...

it's not a really bad thing...
give it 6 more weeks...
and see him again...
if its not better...
a 10 minute surgery to free up the ligament...
do not over do it...
LOL
I can hardly use it now...
so, here I am...
stuck with a bum thumb...
on my right hand...
yeah, that's going to work...
the guys are helping do the simple things I used to always do...
Nov 15th I go back...
any other finger and it wouldn't be a problem...
I need my thumb back!
LOL

2 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, Once I was in a conference with a hand surgeon...he said the thumb is 50% of the usage of your hand. That is why sometimes surgeons will replace a lost thumb with a toe. I know this because of my BIL ...he lost 3 fingers in a factory accident. Let your boys help you and get well. I am with you...I got my flu shot in my left arm, because I am right handed and needed to be able to do stuff. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Hi Tete,
Mindy's youngest, Charlie, was born with a trigger thumb and they didn't even notice it until he was almost 2 because he was a thumb sucker and it was always in his mouth. lol They waited until he was about 5 before they did the surgery. Snip/snip and it was done and healed very quickly. If you have to have a surgery this is the one to have. lol Any chance you have had it for a long time? (like since birth? lol) xo Diana