Monday, October 9, 2017

a nice fall day...

its really weird having all these summer like days in the fall...

the walnuts are down, mostly...
the wind a couple of days ago really shook the trees...

it also made the "gravediggers'' giddy looking...

they look absolutely hilarious!
I wish we could take credit for it...
:)

we are going to have to have the yard mowed again this coming weekend...
just enough rain to green it up and the warm days and nights are making it grow again...

its so quiet here much of the time...
with the guys working all the time...

interrupted by the farmers hauling to the elevator...
and the elevator is running all the time now...

the farmer behind us took the field out late yesterday afternoon...
and it was this green...
took this photo when I heard them in the fields...

still some on the trees yet...

I am doing a cleanse thing right now, so not getting too far from the bathroom...
I will be glad when its over...
:)
I am feeling better and cannot believe what has been coming out of me...
I guess I should do this more often...

got more rain coming tomorrow and Wed...
hoping we pick up some more...
still very dry...
not sure how the farmers are doing or where they are at on being finished...
one farmer posted today that he is done as of his last load going to the elevator this afternoon...

would love to be spending these days with DH...
I do miss doing the pumpkin patches and the fun things this time of the year...
we have lots of plans when he retires!
have a good week!


2 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, I know what you mean about the harvest. It's been raining a bit here and there. So the Farmers have not been hauling since last week. It's good to be able to see around again. I loved the basket of kittens in your previous post. I been running around so much, I am missing some posts. Blessings, take care of yourself, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Glad you are feeling better. Your yard and decorations look great. You really do a nice job out there, Tete. Have a great Monday- xo Diana