Thursday, February 15, 2018

look who I shot...

I am pretty sure this is a Sparrow hawk...

just out the kitchen windows on a limb in the red maple...
right above the bird feeder...

its a female...
could be a Cooper, too...
I will try to get a better shot of it...
she does not nest in the yard, but we are in her hunting territory...

up doing laundry this morning...
DH went in early...
:)
going to be a warm day today but rainy....
should start greening things up a bit...
:)
have a great day!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, I love the photo of the hawk. Last night after I went to sleep and woke and was wide awake, I thought of you ,sometimes being up early and doing thing. I almost got up to do a fresh post but have not been well so I stayed in bed. I need to up date my post. We will have the same wet weather. I am worried about possible flooding into next weeks prediction. Stay safe , Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Jackie See said...

Good morning Tete, the wind is really blowing here in southwest Missouri. I didn’t sleep well just couldn’t stop thinking about the Florida School shooting, just so sad. Yesterday I had one vegetable/flower bed that was dry enough to get a row of peas planted. I even have daffodils ready to open their blooms. I always love looking at your photos! Have a greatfull day! ~jackie~

NanaNor's said...

Hi Tete, The beak looks a bit smaller than the Cooper hawk we get here, but I've never seen a Sparrow hawk so don't know. It is so beautiful out here today-sunny and bright, but brisk. Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Noreen