Saturday, October 2, 2010

ok...58 is a bit cooler than I wanted today...

found my solar jack yesterday afternoon...
but no sun to power it up today...
we woke to rain early this morning and the threat is still here...
Craig and I went for a walk...
a bit nippy out in the open...
but the rain and wind are taking the leaves down...
and the nuts...
this is a hard hat area...
my van...
my poor, old, dead van...
it will be leaving soon...
and I will cry...
a true junkers van...
I have hauled so much with this thing...
it still runs...
but the electrical is toast...
could cause a fire...
so...
I gave $500 for it and only put a muffler and a couple tires on it...
drove it like a wild woman...
you know how it is garage saling...
and since it was already well used...
no problem hauling bricks, wood and junk...
I am going to miss it...
tiny leaves...
some mud puddles...
my mums...yeah!...
my favorite kind!...
they are telling me that it's going to 39 tonight...
that mean old weatherman...
he needs his mouth washed out in soap...
maybe tomorrow we can get the Halloween out...
hope your skies are clear...

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hi Tete- I am at work-taking a quick break. I can actually see sunshine outside right now..although it looked rainy a while ago.

I know how you feel about that old van. We have a small truck that we (and everyone else) uses for hauling "stuff". It is so nice to have a vehicle like that around...that you don't worry about scraping up or bumping around the back.

Hope your skies clear soon- Hugs- Diana

Donnie said...

It was 42 when we woke up this morning in western NC but now it's a beautiful 80 degrees.

I kinda think you got your monies worth out of your car...lol...

Happy Pink Saturday.

Debbie said...

Hi Sweetie...It's VERY nippy here today. The wind is quite cold, but at least the sun is out.
My poor little Touring has hauled home some pretty large pieces. Sometimes I have to have the top down to get things home.
I enjoyed walking with you today.
Debbie@houseatthelake

gail said...

Hi Tete-Beautiful day here today, but rain is on its way. But I love it rain or shine it's fall and I don't miss the 90 degrees! I did have a van like that, though. It finally got possessed and the car locks used to go up and down and the lights on and off-we had to get rid of it, but I miss it!
hugs,
gail