Friday, August 11, 2017

August...

one of my favorite months...
its birthday month...

my cousin's special day is the 12th...

mine is the 17th...

and Aunt Mary's is the 18th...
she didn't hold it against me too much that I couldn't wait just one more day so we could share our birthdays...
like I knew!
so getting her card ready to get in the mail...
my cousin is online, so I will send her birthday wishes there...
but Aunt Mary is old school...
in her 80s now and in a nursing home...
I have already gotten my card from her...
:)

gearing up to get some more things knocked off this weekend...
shouldn't be too bad...
going to start dumping a few pots, too...

neighbors and friends have blessed us with green beans and tomatoes this week...
made a roaster full of green beans...
sadly, we finished them up last night...
but we still have tomatoes...
and my friend has named herself the tomato fairy...
and she even delivers...

we are dry here and lacking rain in the forecast...
I am going to text the mower guy and pass this week...
its not growing much at all...
having to water quite a bit...
but with this cooler weather...
its not taking much...
but the ground is too hard to dig and transplant things...
so will just put off any of that until next spring...
when we hit the ground running!

have you started your fall cleaning yet?
I am about to get started...
going to be painting the deck, too...
that shouldn't be too bad...
the floor part...

be well and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, I love that garden spot in your yard. That chair pops in yellow. Hope you can get some rain. We are to have some today. Thankfully the last rain helped the lawn and was not too much rain at once. I did some weed spraying yesterday...some poison ivy was in the English ivy. I always look for it. I can never touch it...very allergic. Ted finally burned our yard trash yesterday. It was that creeping juniper. Hope you have a good weekend. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

LV said...

Add one more to the birthday list. Mine is the 25th and will be 88.

NanaDiana said...

Your yard is always so pretty, Tete, and I know you work hard to keep it that way. You said it was dry there-quite a change from the wet wet weather you had this spring!

I hope you have a great weekend. You have quite a few August birthdays. Our Lulu will be 15 on the 15th (her golden birthday). She was our early anniversary present (the 16th). Your aunt will love getting the card, I'm sure. xo Diana

Thelma said...

I like your garden spot especially that yellow chair. It is dry also here in Eastern Quebec. Have a great birthday month.